The Matchmaker is a character who appeared in Mulan. She wants to find Mulan a husband. As Mulan pours the tea, Crickee get in like a hot tub. As Mulan grabs it, Crickee gets in her shirt. She falls, knocking over the firepot, and landing on the fire. Her butt gets on fire and then puts it out with tea.
The Matchmaker then reappears in Mulan 2, alerting Yao, Chien-Po, and Ling that they need personalities before they return.
Transcript with MatchmakerEdit
- Matchmaker: "Fa Mulan."
- Mulan: Present.
- Matchmaker: Speaking without permission.
- Mulan: Oops.
- Grandmother Fa: Who spit in her bean curd?
- Matchmaker: Huh. Hmm. Mmm. Too skinny. Hmph! Not good for bearing sons. Recite the final admonition. [muffled chirping]
- Mulan: Mm-hmm.
- Matchmaker: Well?
- Mulan: [clears throat] Fulfill your duties calmly and... respectfully. Um, reflect before you snack. Act! This shall bring you honor and glory. [sighs]
- Matchmaker: Hmm. This way. Now, pour the tea. To please your future in-lwas, you must demonstrate a sense of dignity... ...and refinement. You must also be poised. [purring]
- Mulan: Um, pardon me.
- Matchmaker: And silent! [sniffs] Ahhh.
- Mulan: Could I just take that back?
- Matchmaker: [grunting]
- Mulan: One moment.
- Matchmaker: [screams]
- Mulan: [gasps]
- Matchmaker: Why, you clumsy... [chirping] Whoo! Whoo! Aaah! Whoo! Aaah! [sizzling] [screaming] [screaming louder] [loud crash]
- Grandmother Fa: I think it's going well, don't you?
- Matchmaker: Put it out! Put it out! Put it out! [panting] You are a disgrace! You may look like a bride, but you will never bring your family honor!